As you head east on Gros Ventre Road tracking the Gros Ventre River, you eventually crest a hill and this is the view that greets you from the other side.
Stopped at this turnout and saw these two lovely ladies enjoying a spot of tea.
Grand Teton National Park opened the main road yesterday, but since it snowed about 6 inches we waited to celebrate until today.
It was such a stunningly beautiful Spring day that -- after a long cold winter -- there was simply no option but to look out the window and shout "road trip!" Today's destination: Pinedale, Wyoming, the sleepy little county seat of Sublette County about 70 miles southeast of Jackson. Hover over each picture with your mouse to get the scoop on that shot.
For More Info:
* Pearl Street Bagels
* Hoback Junction
* Hoback River
* Article on Pronghorn Overpass from National Geographic
* Great Migration: Path of the Pronghorn
* Pinedale Wyoming
* Jonah Field
* Overview of Natural Gas Impact on Sublette County
* Encana (Oil Company) Pitch on Jonah Field (pdf)
* Hoback Canyon
* The Legend of Colton H. Bryant by Alexandra Fuller